Isle of Doagh, Ballyliffin - A Traditional Thatched One Bedroom Cottage built in the 1800’s restored to its original charm with modern conveniences added for comfort. Overlooking Trawbreaga Bay and in close proximity to Doagh Island Visitor Centre, Ballyliffin Golf Club and Pollan Beach.
The holiday home is located on the Isle of Doagh midway between Ballyliffin and Carndonagh on the Inishowen Peninsula in North West Donegal. This wonderful traditional Irish thatched cottage provides
- Take a trip around the famous Inishowen 100 This is one of Ireland's most scenic drives. The route includes dramatic coastal scenery plus a fine collection of ancient forts and monuments, traditional craft centres, and a dozen or so friendly villages. Scenic highlights include the Gap of Mamore, and Malin Head - Ireland's most northerly point
- Play golf on the internationally renowned Ballyliffin Golf Club. Other fine golf courses on the Inishowen Peninsula can be found at Greencastle, Redcastle and Buncrana.
- Visit the Doagh Visitor Centre. This centre provides a great variety of exhibitions telling the story of the Irish Famine. It is also a place where the local customs, traditions, folklore and history of the Inishowen Peninsula are preserved in a permanent way
- Enjoy beautiful unspoilt beaches in the locality – Pollan, Five Finger Strand, Culdaff
- Visit the Fort and Military Museum at Dunree.
- Enjoy a meal at McGrory’s of Culdaff. This renowned establishment features an award wining restaurant, traditional bar with regular Irish Music Sessions and the famous Backroom - one of Ireland's leading live music venues
- Visit the the Inishowen Maritime Museum in Greencastle, which includes a state-of-the-art planetarium
- Use the car ferry at Greencastle to explore the northern coasts of Derry and Antrim - including the Giants Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge and Bushmills Distillery.
Appliances available in the cottage kitchen include fridge, electric oven and hob and a washing machine
The cottage bedroom has ensuite facilities and a wood floor. Accommodation is available for a third person by arrangement (bed-setee)
The cosy living area of this restored thatched cottage features a traditional style dresser, rocking chair and a electric stove.
The cottage has a superb location overlooking Trawbreaga Bay. Due to its central location in North Inishowen, the cottage is also within driving distance of many beautiful sandy beaches including Pollan Bay, Tullagh , Kinnegoe Bay, Five Finger Strand and the blue flag beach at Culd
Rest of year
Weekend ( 2 nights )
Bank Holiday Weekend
Booking deposit (non-refundable) of euro 100 per week - with balance to be paid on arrival.
property listed here since 2008
Telephone:00353 86 8306304
Email:contact the owner by email
Sat Nav:Latitude: 55.3012
First can I just echo the comments that have been made about your site? It is by far the best site for cottages that I have stumbled accross! Great pictures, clear descriptions, good search facilities, etc.
Info on Ballyliffin and all holiday homes in Ballyliffin